Solidarity with refugees
At the Solidarity with Refugees Day (15th October 2016) organized under the motto “Poland Against Racism and Violence” we’ve created an appeal about migration crisis. It was signed by 265 institutions and NGOs from the whole Poland. http://solidarnizuchodzcami.pl/apel/
In 2016 in co-operation with Stefan Batory Foundation we’ve launched portal and Facebook profile Uchodźcy.info, which is the biggest Polish information source about refugee situation in Poland and Europe and serves also as a practical guide on how to aid.
Within the grant given by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, we realized 15 online spots in which we refute myths about the refugees crisis.
Fund-raisings and volunteering actions coordination
- We collected 15 tons of clothes and food products for Syrian refugees from the Bulgarian camps (2013)
- We organized a raise for all those who suffered during the Ukrainian conflict (2014)
- We organized transport for volunteers going to Balkan Refugee Trail and nation-wide raises of clothes for refugees in Serbia (2015-16)
- We collected and sent jackets, caps, gloves and scarfs for refugees in the Templehof camp in Berlin (2016)
- We carried out a several dozen clothes and everyday use products collections for families in the need of help.
We regularly carry out quick clothing and money collections as reactions for sudden events and particular difficult stories. We also collect furniture, clothes and school articles for refuges in Warsaw and its vicinity. Collections are being announced on the Facebook profile of With Bread and Salt.
July 2015 – “Poland welcome refugees”. We organized in Warsaw a manifestation about accepting refugees from war-torn Syria. It was the first action of this type in Poland.
September 2015 – “Refugees are welcome”. We organized a manifestation in Warsaw, while simultaneously coordinating Poland-wide meetings, social actions, happenings, film shows and concerts.
October 2016 – concert against racism and violence organized on the Parade Square in Warsaw at the Solidarity with Refugees Day. It was a whole week event filled with meetings, social actions, artistic acts, workshops, discussions, lectures, exhibitions, film shows and concerts.
Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Fundacja Przestrzeń Wspólna (Common Space Foundation)
Fundacja Strefa WolnoSłowa (FreeWords Zone Foundation)
Stefan Batory Foundation
Association for Legal Intervention
Stowarzyszenie Plan B (Plan B Association)
European Students’ Union (ESU)